Thursday, May 5, 2016

Pregnancy Update: Week 35 Recap!

How far along?  36 weeks tomorrow!!

Total weight gain:  35 pounds so far…let’s see if we can keep this whole thing 40 or under…

Baby’s size/development this week:  OMG, the baby weighs like 6 pounds!!!  Which, is interesting, because Everett was born at 36 weeks 4 days and was 6 pounds 3 ounces J  He followed the curve perfectly…but this blog is about our upcoming baby J

Maternity clothes:  All the clothes I never wore throughout most of my pregnancy because they were too big are the ones I’m wearing now!!  I am a freaking whale!

Miss anything?  Not being achy.  Being able to easily move.  Tying my own shoes easily.  Running.

Food cravings:  I want sweets…but I have sworn them off (except maybe once per week?) in the interest of my health and the baby’s health.  I haven’t had any desserts since Sunday! (That’s 4 days!)

Anything making you queasy or sick?   Nothing in particular.  Earlier in the week someone’s camp fire was making me queasy as well as the smell of pork BBQ simmering on the stove on Tuesday….

Sleep:   I am enjoying every moment of sleep I can get.  The only interruptions are when I get up in the night (several times) to pee, which is always a production.  Since we have a floor bed, which is very low to the ground, it is hard on my pelvic region, which is sore due to the relaxin coursing through my body.  I hoist myself onto my hands and knees and back out of bed, wincing while I go.

Best moment of the week:   Last weekend Chad, Everett, and I had a family weekend and it was really fun!  We went to the farmer’s market, a duck parade at the library, cooked a pork roast, got stuff ready for our midwive’s home visit.  It was a pretty stellar weekend if I say so myself!!

Nursery:  We finally got some boxes out of there and now it looks much better!

Weddings rings on or off?   Off…swelling seems to fluctuate from day to day and I think I won’t bother with rings until the whole thing is over…

Belly Button:   In, of course.

Movement?  Lots of movement!  Baby was quiet over the weekend and I was freaked out, but Monday morning it started up again.  I love to feel those rolls and kicks, it’s the best part of being pregnant! J

Labor signs?   My body is definitely gearing up to head in the direction of labor.  I don’t know how much longer I have left (hopefully several more weeks!!) but I have felt some low abdominal cramps here and there.  I noticed them in the night after I had gotten up to pee and laid back down.  I let myself drift back to sleep and I haven’t really felt anything since then, but every twinge and niggling pain brings trepidation right now.  I know I have to roll with the punches, but I really want this whole thing to play out in the least stressful way possible.  And right now that means avoiding pre-term labor.  Next week at this time, I will start mentally preparing myself to the fact that our new family could grow at any time and actually feel at peace with that eventuality.

Weird pregnancy thing of the week:   I don’t know.  It’s all freaking weird at this point.  The fact that there is a 6 pound human IN MY STOMACH is pretty freaking weird.  Are we completely sure that pregnancy is a natural phenomenon???

Daddy is feeling:   Busy!  Of course now that he’s done with school, shit is hitting the fan at work and he’s been working insane hours!  Tomorrow he has to get up at 4:30 AM and go be on the local news with the Jeni’s Street Treats food truck.  The first interview is at like 6:15 AM and he has to be there and set up before that…of course he’ll be at the shop until after 5:00 PM, because…he’s Chad and he’s crazy.

Mommy is feeling:   Trepidatious.  Expectant.  Excited.  Nervous.  Achy.  Preparatory.  READY TO BE DONE WITH WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!  With Chad working 50-60 hour weeks, shit blowing up at MY work every day, training a new employee, taking care of a toddler, keeping the house in order, AND trying to get things prepared for the birth of our new baby, I need some mental and physical space to process everything that’s going on.

Workouts this week:  Saturday, Sunday, Monday, we did the 2 mile Walhalla Nature loop J  I’ve taken Tuesday and Wednesday off due to rain and to give my pelvis a chance to rest.  If I do too much, it gets really sore.

Books I'm Reading/Media I'm Ingesting:
Ina May Gaskin’s Guide to Breastfeeding.  It’s been a good and interesting refresher J

Looking forward to
·         I found there is a Birth Without Fear mini conference on June 26, so New Baby and I registered and are looking forward to attending together!  It’s only a 3-4 hour event and it’s at a coffee shop right down the street from my house!  I figure it’ll be a perfect official inaugural outing for us.
·         Farmer’s Marketing it up with my family on Saturday morning J  Maybe buying some fresh rhubarb!?

·         Having a family day on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment