Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Pregnancy Update: Week 31 Recap!

How far along?  I was 31 week on Friday (4/01) and am currently finishing my 31st week.

Total weight gain:   28 pounds so far.  I started out at 133 and currently weigh 161.  Hoping to gain no more than 9 more pounds….

Baby’s size/development this week:  OMG, the baby is almost FOUR POUNDS and over 19 inches long!!!  Oh yeah, at our last appointment at 31 weeks, the baby was apparently still in breech position.  Fewer than 5% of babies assume the bottom down position by full term, so I’m hoping this thing flips in the upcoming weeks!  The midwives were not concerned…

Maternity clothes:  I’ve started noticing that some of my “maternity” shirts are starting to get small or are having a difficult time covering my whole stomach.  Yikes.

Miss anything?  My pelvis not being sore.  Not having to make sure my stomach is too big to squeeze through certain Running.  Training.

Food cravings:  Nothing in particular.  Maybe a hamburger.

Anything making you queasy or sick?   Nope!

Sleep:   No one in our house is currently sick!  We are sleeping like champs for the most part!  Everett has been fighting bed time, but once we jump that hurtle in the evening things go pretty well.  Everett did wake up inconsolable in the night two nights ago and Chad applied what he calls “Cheese Therapy”.  I did wake up to find a partially eaten piece of cheese in the bed the next morning….

Best moment of the week:   Chasing my husband around Cuyahoga Valley for his 50K and taking lots of pictures and videos!!  Also having an easy week (Chad is not closing or working insane hours this week) after the insanity of last week.

Nursery:  No nursery.

Weddings rings on or off?   On and able to be taken on and off at any time except for the first hour after I wake up in the mornings.

Belly Button:   Still hanging “in” there!

Movement?  Every day!  It was doing some crazy stuff in there earlier today and I could see it moving from the outside.  Sometimes I’m sure that it’s trying to make its exit by kicking its way out of my groin.  So pleasant to be kicked in the groin from the inside….

Labor signs?   Lots of Braxton Hicks in the evenings when I overdo it, but no labor signs as of yet…

Weird pregnancy thing of the week:   The fact that there are only 8 weeks (at the most) left in the pregnancy is pretty weird.

Daddy is feeling:   Busy with finals coming up!!

Mommy is feeling:   Ready to get this show on the road!

Workouts this week:  I feel that chasing Chad around a national park on Saturday was a workout unto itself!!  We walked around the block with Everett yesterday after dinner, but I’m not sure that counts as a work out…

Books I'm Reading/Media I'm Ingesting:
·         First Bite:  How We Learn to Eat, by Bea Wilson
·         The Gilmore Girls
Looking forward to
·         The weekend!!
·         Chad not having some insane run to do on Saturday.
·         Prenatal yoga on Saturday.

·         Maybe some baby cows on Sunday??

No comments:

Post a Comment