Friday, April 12, 2019

Pregnancy Update: 33 Weeks Recap!

Wow!  I'll be 34 weeks pregnant tomorrow.  With a max of 6 weeks left (most likely), it's really starting to hit me that baby (and labor!!) is right around the corner.  We finally have our payments to the CHOICE midwives paid off, which we have been paying down for the past 6 months and frankly has been KILLING us.  But that's okay, because we have Everett's preschool payment that's due at the beginning of May, on top of Laurel and Everett's birthday party, on top of the payment to the doula, on top of summer camp fees!!  From a financial perspective, having kids was really dumb!  😂  In all actuality though, the only thing I am really sad about is not being able to afford a birth photographer, but the doula will take some for an added fee of $75, which is not bad, considering the photographers I looked at ranged from $750-2000 for birth photography packages.  Plus, there's the added benefit of not having an extra person in the house, distracting us.

The last few weekends, Chad and I have been alternating between trying to get the most done around the house before the baby comes and enjoying a last few weekends to ourselves.  My mom watched the kids two weekends ago and Chad's mom watched them last weekend.  We got the kids' playroom painted, painted some of the baseboards in the kitchen that looked really ratty, Chad brewed some beer (apparently that was a priority, ha!).  Aside from all of that, I have been trying to get the basement in order and get rid of old stuff that we're not using anymore, organize all the kids' clothes. We started building a trellis for our blackberries yesterday...I want to get the garden in order as much as possible as well before the baby comes since we probably won't have time to do any major work for the first several weeks (or months??) after the baby comes.

Chad and I also went down and spent the weekend in a cabin in Lake Hope State Park as a last hurrah of sorts and it was AMAZING!!  We got there on Friday evening, grilled out some burgers, had a fire in our living room, and lazed about watching bad TV.  Saturday morning Chad ran a 1/2 trail marathon (which apparently was pretty brutal!) and I got in a 3 mile hike.  After that, we spent the day lazing around the cabin, taking small walks, and enjoying the scenery.  In the evening, we roasted hot dogs in the fireplace in our living room and watched The Most Dangerous Catch marathon, which was awesome!  After we got ourselves all packed up on Sunday morning, we picked up Everett and took him to a Monster Truck Rally for his birthday, which was AWESOME!  It was a whirlwind of a weekend that was at equal turns hectic and relaxing.  It was really nice to get away and enjoy some time with Chad without feeling like we had to get stuff done around the house or accomplish anything meaningful.  We will definitely be back for some mini-vacations at the state park cabins this summer - they were really nice and I just kept thinking about how much the kids would love them!

I think that's all the ruminations I had for now, let's get on with the updates...

How far along? 34 weeks tomorrow

Total weight gain:  I was 164.2, which is a total weight gain of 29 pounds so far.

Baby’s size/development this week:  Baby is approximately 4.7 pounds!!!

Maternity clothes:  I'm moving into the "large" maternity clothing category.  I might as well just get some mumus until this whole thing is over.

Miss anything?  Yesterday Everett said he missed running with me, and he missed me running with him while he rides his bike. 😢  Me too, buddy, me too!!  I also miss being able to hold my children or give my husband a hug without having to turn sideways or think about how I'm going to get up or fit through spaces.  I also miss not having to turn sideways to do the dishes.

Food cravings:  Mmmm, food.

Anything making you queasy or sick?  Not really.

Sleep:  Everett and Laurel have been cuddling up next to me all week, and Laurel has been FIDGITY...not the best sleep!  But it has been pretty adorable, so I'm mostly okay with it.

Best moment of the week:  Sitting on my back porch with my family in the evening, enjoying dinner outside and our yard.  It's been the best.

Nursery:  None to speak of.

Weddings rings on or off?  On!

Belly Button:  Stretched and sad looking.

Movement?  Yes, it's getting to that creepy level instead of the cute little bumps!  I have realized when I'm feeling hiccups though, so that's been really cute.

Labor signs?  Last night for the first time I felt crampy and my back was bothering me.  I realized that I probably need to take it easy and be mindful of doing too much over the next few weeks.  I don't want to go into labor early!  

Weird pregnancy thing of the week:  Maybe instead of listing the weird pregnancy thing of the week, I can list all the terrible things that happen during pregnancy...
Severe constipation, hemmerhoids, symphysis pubis diastasis (SPD), vulvar varicosities...I'm trying to think if there are other disgusting things that are happening to my body...probably...there are just too many to count.

Daddy is feeling: Chad is feeling okay, I think.  He had a doctor's appointment for his ongoing back pain yesterday, which is way better than last fall, but still a niggling pain.  He's also got high blood pressure and cholesterol, which just sucks considering he has a pretty good diet, weight, and workout routine!  Ugh!!

Mommy is feeling:  Tired.

Workouts this week: 
I haven't been working out per se, but I have been staying pretty active, getting lots of steps in every day, an average of 7,000 per day, which I figure isn't too bad considering I'm pregnant as hell and confined to the house doing childcare most days.
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday: 
Saturday:

Books I'm Reading/Media I'm Ingesting:
BOOKS:
It's hard finding the energy to read at the end of the day, so we'll see if I can actually finish anything!
White Kids: Growing Up with Privilege in a Racially Divided America

PODCAST:

MOVIES:


Looking forward to: The weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment